Sunday, May 11, 2008

My First Mother's Day

Today brings back memories of my very first Mother's Day. We actually found out we were pregnant with Ashleigh (our first) the Friday before Mother's Day 2002. After waiting a week to make sure I was "officially late", we rushed out to Target on Friday night for a HPT. Then waited another hour because I was so nervous I couldn't pee! LOL! But the results were instant. Before I even sat the test down on the counter, two lines! We were having a baby! That Sunday, we went to Mass as usual. At the end of Mass on Mother's Day, the priest gives a special blessing for all the mothers in attendance. So I stood up, looking not even the least bit pregnant, and received my blessing. That was my very first Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! Be sure to give those little blessings extra hugs and kisses today.

No comments: