Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Learning to Fly - Part Two

Yesterday I wrote about getting our home back in order by using FlyLady's babysteps. Beginning babystep 3 turned out to be a God breeze - spend 2 minutes reading the daily reminders. I was tempted to just ignore this. It had been such a long time since I logged into the email account set up for FlyLady reminders. I knew there would be thousands. But since I had a some time while I was waiting for the oven to heat up, I logged on and browsed at the most recent reminders. One of them instantly jumped out at me - "Have You Fallen Off the FlyLady Wagon?". Yup, that's me! Not only did I fall off, the wagon ran me over. Anyway, the last few lines of the email really seemed to speak directly to what I was feeling yesterday:

"The major difference between staying sidetracked and getting back on the path is that we don't wallow in self pity. We acknowledge that we made a detour and now we are heading toward a peaceful solution. This beating ourselves up is not part of FLYing!"

No comments: