Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - March 23rd

As I mentioned in my Whole Foods post, some of the items of my grocery list would be playing "double duty" in this week's menu. Which means I'm taking some items and stretching them into two meals. Just a small and simple way to make the most out of those hard earned grocery dollars!

For dinner this week...

Saturday - Red Beans & Brown Rice with pork andouille sausage (using 1/2lb of the sausage)

Night Before Prep - soaked dried, organic black-eyed peas
Sunday - The Nourishing Gourmet's White Bean and Kale Pasta with Smokey Bacon (using 1/2 bunch of kale)

*Instead of white beans, I used black-eyed peas since I already had those on hand!

Monday - Shrimp Scampi over whole grain spaghetti (using a portion of the bag of frozen shrimp)

Tuesday - Kale & Tomato Pasta Toss (using the remaining kale and 1/2lb of pork andouille sausage)

Wednesday - Miso Soup with Shrimp, Broccoli & whole grain spaghetti (using the remaining frozen shrimp)

Thursday - Garden Chowder

Friday - Homemade Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza using Tammy's Easy Pizza dough

Menu Plan Monday is hosted by Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the idea of using Kale and Pasta. Let me know if you post the recipe.
Happy MPM!

Stacy and Brian's Adventures in Life said...

We are buying a lot of bagged frozen shrimp. Thanks for the new recipe. Stacy