Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Green Clean

For the last week, a nagging earache has resulted in all but the basic homecaring tasks being put to the back burner. Needlessly to say, some areas like the upstairs bathroom are now in serious need of attention. Not to mention the mountains of laundry that need to be put away.

A new-to-me blog find, Down to Earth, offers a guide for Green Cleaning the Bathroom. I've got my rags, vinegar, baking soda and elbow grease ready to tackle this feat! I would take before and after pics, but (1) the before would be highly embarrassing and (2) the camera battery is dead :)

More this Old House drama - Now on top of the broken dishwasher and the owl taking residence in the side of the house, the heat stop working! In my non-expert analysis, it seems like it might just be the thermostat (it's blowing cold air while the heat is on). But it will be a few days before we can get someone out to look at the unit. The house is not too terribly cold during the day, but the mornings are still brisk. I think I need a Snuggie LOL!

1 comment:

Wendy P said...

oohhh...looks like a great blog - thanks for the link! They linked to soulemama's blog, do you read that one? I have her book and love it.

Hope you're feeling better.