Sunday, March 8, 2009

How Far Can I Stretch?


Sweet Jenn from Blogging God and Me, was so kind to send me a copy of the book, Greatest Secrets of the Coupon Mom. In addition to using coupons to save for her own family, Stephanie Nelson (the Coupon Mom), also uses coupons as a way to donate much needed items to charities.

A moment of inspiration! Even though my own couponing has changed since we've begun incorporating more organic foods into our diet, what if I used my couponing knowledge to help others. So this month, I'm going to see how far I can stretch the $20 in my charity cash envelope by combining coupons with sales. I'll let you know the results of my charitable experiment at the end of the month!

The Coupon Mom

Cut Out Hunger Program

3 comments:

Still Learning said...

I know right? What a great idea! At the seminar she was saying lots of times you can use the coupons on sale items and get them for free or almost many times. She has a program at her church too where the pastor has asked people to bring in their Sunday paper coupons and she and the other coupon charity shoppers take them and use them for the food bank. She says this is a double whammy because you can keep the extras you want for your family and the ones good for charity that week you can use to get extra stuff for the food bank. She really is inspiring.

Wendy P said...

That's a fabulous idea! I can't wait to see the results.

Anonymous said...

I totally include donations in with my couponing. I have SO many household and personal cleaners that I won't need more for the next few years. But, I still buy the items and then just donate them. And when things end up being free, but not a brand I use, I donate them too. At Christmas time we always adopt a family and I bring them a huge laundry basket full of soaps and cleaners with their presents.