Saturday, April 25, 2009

Treasures of the Day

This morning's yard sale was wonderful. The crowd wasn't too big, our wait outside for the church to open wasn't too long and the check out lines moved along efficiently. I was hoping to find some shorts for Clayton, but I literally came up short! Plenty of baby boy clothes but not alot of big boy clothes. Among my favorite buys of the morning was this dress for Ashleigh


And these two vine baskets



However, the real treasure of the day was simply sitting outside and watching the kids revel in the beautiful, summer like weather. They ran, rode bikes, talked to bugs, blew bubbles and splashed in the cool water from the spigot. Sometimes I look at others with outward signs of wealth and think, how lucky. But this afternoon, I experienced the real wealth which so abundantly exists in my own life. The diamonds in my own backyard.

Southern Hospitality - Thrifty Treasures

5 comments:

Laryssa Herbert said...

Mary Ellen,

Thanks for leaving a comment!
I'm glad you can use the soaked banana recipe! It’s really smart of you to freeze your bananas before they go bad!

You have a lovely blog. :-)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Mary Ellen, thanks for joining in the party. I am going to look forward to Mondays from now on with everyone sharing their thrifty finds. This will be fun!

Mary said...

Mary Ellen, The gems of your life certainly are your children!! It's so nice to spend time enjoying the simple things. I think so many have lost that.
The dress will be darling on your daughter and baskets come in handy for so many things.

Christina said...

beautiful dress. I would have been so thrilled also. You are so right about our children. I needed this reminder to enjoy my children more.

phillips phamily said...

What sweet baskets and even sweeter dress!