Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - August 25th


Lots of excitement this week! Ashleigh has her first full day of kindergarten this week. And my sister from California will be visiting too! This is also my busy time of the month at work. Whew! Let's hope I can keep it all together. But if all attempts at organization fail, at least I know what we're having for dinner this week LOL!

Here's our dinner menu for the week. For more meal plan ideas, visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie!

~ Dinner ~


Sunday - Crockpot Tamale Pie w/corn on the cob

Monday - Veggie Lo Mein

Tuesday - Creamed tuna (with homemade white sauce) over whole wheat pasta & steamed veggies

Wednesday - Chicken Nuggets & steamed, organic carrot sticks

Thursday - BBQ Turkey Meatballs with brown rice & fresh green beans

Friday - Taco Style Lentils & Rice, served in warmed, hard taco shells, with shredded lettuce, cheese, salsa & sour cream

Grocery totals --> This week I spent $89.13 and had $69.69 in coupon & sales savings! For a breakdown of my good deals, visit my Super Savings Saturday post!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yum! Looks like a great menu and a great week! I LOVE tamale pie . . . and we've made lentil tacos before and they are fantastic!

Best,
Sarah

Still Learning said...

Sounds yummy.
I hope your sweet pea has a fun week at big girl school.

Tiffany said...

I'm going to put that crockpot tamale pie on my menu for next week. I make something similar with corn tortillas, but I love using my crockpot.
I hope Ashley has a great first day/week of school!