Monday, August 18, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - August 18th


Last week, we tried several new meals and I'm happy to report they were all successes! The lentil chili was both delicious and hearty. Just as satisfying as my regular ground beef chili. And Reedy could not get enough of it! Next up, the tuna tabouli. I was a little apprehensive about the bulgar wheat. But the dish was excellent! A nice, hearty summery salad. Almost like tuna salad but without the mayo LOL! I also made stuffed peppers using the Hillbilly Housewife's taco style lentils & rice. I added corn, onions and tomato sauce to the lentils & rice for the peppers. Dave and my Mom raved about the peppers. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well that night so it was just scrambled eggs for me :)

Here's our dinner menu for this week. For more meal plan ideas, be sure to visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

Dinner:

Saturday - Whole wheat rotini w/homemade alfredo sauce (omitted the chicken from the recipe), steamed broccoli & homemade wheat bread

Sunday - Baked Eggplant Parmesan w/organic salad mix

Monday - Veggie Lo Mein

Tuesday - Lentil Chili

Wednesday - Seven Layer Taco Salad (subbing crushed, hard taco shells for fritos)

Thursday - Tilapia w/brown rice & steamed veggies

Friday - Chicken Nuggets w/steamed, organic carrot sticks

Grocery Totals:
This week I spent $97.64 out of pocket with savings of $94.59! To see my good deals for the week, checkout Super Savings Sunday.




No comments: