Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - January 12th

This week I had to get creative and bring together the menu plan based on our pantry and freezer stockpile. With unexpected car trouble taking a big chunk out of our emergency fund, I decided to limit groceries to just needed items - milk, diapers and the like. Thankfully, due to triples and some really good meat sales, we've got some pretty good stock on hand!

Weekend Meal Prep:

- Cooked organic brown rice
- Soaked & cooked organic black beans
- Made gallon of sweet tea

Dinner Menu:

Saturday - Homemade Pizza with Whole Wheat crust (using Anne Jisca's Easy Pizza Dough recipe from Tammy's Recipes - 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour, 1 c unbleached, white whole wheat), Pepperoni, Onions, Green Peppers & Mexican blend cheese

Sunday - Marinated London Broil with organic brown rice & steamed sweet peas

Monday - Cheese Quesadilla with organic whole wheat tortillas & Black Beans, Rice and Corn

Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken & Mushroom gravy with organic brown rice & steamed veggies

Wednesday - Garden Vegetable Soup & sandwiches

Thursday - Veggie Lo Mein

Friday - Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Looks great. I'm doing a pantry/freezer thing, too this week.

Lisa said...

Looks wonderful! I'm doing pantry/freezer next week. The propane guy filled us up today without me asking him too. Sooo we need to pay that right away before they start adding interest. That means NEXT week will be all stuff that's on hand. I'll be looking through yours and other menu's for inspiration I'm sure! :)

Unknown said...

I was reading your profile and notice that you work fulltime. Please share your time management skills with us. I would really enjoy reading them.