Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Ashleigh!

Ashleigh Turns 6 Today!



Wow! It is so hard to believe that my dear, sweet surprise blessing from God is turning 6 years old today! I still remember every moment of your pregnancy. From rushing off to Target to buy a pregnancy test and being so nervous I couldn't pee! To being absolutely speechless the first moment I saw your face.

My daughter, you are simply the personification of joy. If there's any good to be found in the bleakest of days, you will find it. You will love it and live it to its fullest.

Though you have grown and life has changed, I still feel as I did six years ago on that snowy January afternoon - so undeserving, yet so richly blessed to be your mother!

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

- My Wish by Rascal Flatts

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ashleigh!

Corey~living and loving said...

Happy birthday to one of the most beautiful 6 year olds on earth. :)