Thursday, October 2, 2008

So Far, So Good!

After struggling last week with getting dinners made in the evenings and wrangling the kids, I'm happy to report this week has been so less stressful! I've been planning my meals for a few months now but last Saturday I decided to take things one step further. I devoted one hour to meal prep for the coming week. And that one hour has made the world of difference in my evenings! I come in from work, make a light snack for the kids, get dinner started using my already prepped items and start on homework with Ashleigh & the boys. It's all the convenience of a boxed meal, but homemade! And Dave gets to come home to a wife that's in a pleasant mood and not frazzled and teetering on an emotional ledge.

Now, I just have to keep it up. I'm so notorious for NOT doing things that will make my life easier.

1 comment:

Corey~living and loving said...

Glad to hear you found a solution. I soooooooo need to try that.

have a great day!