Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Menu Plan (not quite Monday)

So it isn't Monday, but the menu plan still rolls on! I'm trying to get caught up at the office after being out for Reedy's unexpected admittance to the hospital. Sunday, I was just worn out and thought about not doing any prep for this week's meals. But my sweet man stepped right in and helped me out after the kids were in bed! It's always fun when we get to cook together. Of course Dave thinks I try to provide him with too much instruction when we're in the kitchen. Maybe I do! I'm working on learning how to accept help gracefully. Even if it's not done how I would do it!

Weekend Meal Prep:

- Dice & slice organic yellow onions
- Chop two stalks organic celery
- Make 1 cup organic brown rice
- Make & freeze whole wheat pizza dough
- Brown 3/4lb ground pork sausage
- Make a gallon of sweet tea

Dinner:

Saturday - Crockpot Tamale Pie

Sunday - My Veggie Lo Mein

Monday - Dirty Rice with fresh ingredients (used ground pork sausage), steamed corn & cornbread

Tuesday - BBQ Lentils over organic brown rice & squash (from a new to me blog $5 Dinners!)

Wednesday - Breakfast for Dinner

Thursday - My Birthday!!!

Friday - Homemade pizza (from Tammy's Recipes - Anne Jisca's recipe for easy pizza dough, used 2 cups whole wheat, 1/2 cup white flour)

Grocery Totals - Went a tiny bit over budget this week, but I squeezed in a trip to Whole Foods. Spent $104.25 out of pocket and had sales & coupon savings of $51.15. Check out my deals here!

Visit Laura at I'm An Organizing Junkie for more meal plan ideas!

No comments: