Friday, October 16, 2009

Fall Simple Pleasure No. 2 - Fall Colors



"Come, little leaves" said the wind one day,

"Come over the meadows with me, and play;

Put on your dresses of red and gold;

Summer is gone, and the days grow cold."




Soon as the leaves heard the wind's loud call,


Down they came fluttering, one and all;

Over the brown fields they danced and flew,

Singing the soft little songs they knew.



- Come Little Leaves

by George Cooper


As a child, I remember waiting for the school bus with my Mom on cool, October mornings. She would sing a little rhyme about the leaves putting on their coats of red and gold. I remember her saying it was a song her grandmother would sing around this time of the year.

Recently I overheard my Mother singing the same rhyme to Ashleigh as they stood at our front door looking at the changing leaves in our yard. Now that I've found the origin of the rhyme, I'll make sure it continues to be passed along.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures...beautiful rhyme...beautiful memories and more to come~~~
Blessings, andrea

PS: I have a prayer request for my brother in law on arise 2 write.

Unknown said...

I decided to post a list of frugal grocery shopping questions on my blog.
I invite you to share your answers to some or all of them. I could use some help.
Thank you.